willett family estate bourbon

Willett Family Estate Single Barrel Bourbon “Willett Ferrell” (Bourbon Pursuit Pick). Please Note: The wax color is at the sole discretion of the customer. A grade of a “B” today may very well be a “B+” or even a “B-” on another day, so rather than focusing on a precise score today that may not stand the test of time, we are just sharing our overall grade of that pour for that one tasting. We can get you in touch with a broker looking for rare and expensive bottles of bourbon, rye, scotch, and wine. It is an un-chillfiltered, barrel proof, straight Bourbon Whiskey … Those Willett Family Estate bottlings were initially sourced and often pushing 20 years old. They also vary the entry … The bigger the collection the better! I think this single barrel is more interesting than most six year old products out there, but it’s undeniably hot at 133.6 proof. The classic “Willett note” I’ve spoken of in other Willett reviews is evident, along with rich caramel, and a perfumy-sweetness. A Family Estate Bottled Single Barrel Bourbon. It is an un- chillfiltered, barrel proof, straight Bourbon … Hot? It is an un- chillfiltered, barrel proof, straight Bourbon Whiskey of … Willett Family Estate Bottled Bourbon is a very unusual whiskey in many regards. Pour a bit and enjoy, friends, these are the good old days of whiskey! Willett Family Estate 23 Year Old Single Barrel Bourbon #2872 / Binny's. Willett Family Estate Bottled Bourbon is a very unusual whiskey in many regards. It is an un-chillfiltered, barrel proof, straight bourbon whiskey of unusual depth and complexity. Willett is slowly replacing many of its sourced brands with its own stock (see the new Old Bardstown and Willett Family Estate … The masterminds at Aged & Ore have created a travel decanter to revolutionize the way you sip your favorite drink when you travel. Does anyone know what the source bourbon is for the current release of Willett Family Estate bourbon? Willett Family Estate Rye – Single Barrel “Red Dragon” (Bourbon Pursuit Pick) Today’s entry most likely needs zero introduction. tasting notesWillett Family Estate Bottled Bourbon is a very unusual whiskey in many regards. When it comes to the elegant labeling with understated design, I just dig it. Partly because they exemplify craftsmanship and the spirit of the golden age of bourbon. Our grading system: As mentioned in our About Us page, we’re excited to share bourbon with our friends, family, and readers. Complex? Willett uses a total of six different mash bills. Willett Family Estate Bottled Small Batch Rye, 2-, 3- and 4-years-old July 16, 2020 Eric Burke Just as the pandemic started gaining steam in the US and just as Minnesota was entering our … Bourbon is a style of corn-based, barrel-aged whiskey that originated in the southern United States. This bottling, in … Willett Pot Still Reserve was rumored to be around 8-10 years old when it was initially released as a single barrel product in 2008. The distillery, starting in 2008, built a cult following with its Family Estate line of sourced whiskeys, the origins of which still remain rumors (at least some barrels probably came from their Bardstown neighbor, Heaven Hill). A whisper out of the cold and damp night told me to pour some rye to warm up, so I obliged. Nose: Grain forward. Willett Family Estates 4 Year Rye Whiskey Review In the early days of my bourbon drinking, I was fascinated with Willett’s famous whiskey and the way that the guys who knew the most about bourbon … Extremely Rare & Highly Allocated The Willett Family Estate series needs no introduction for the Bourbon lover. Willett Family Estate 21 Year Old Single Barrel Bourbon #3687 / The Party Source The Willett Family Estate are a series of well-aged bourbon single cask bottlings produced by Kentucky Bourbon Distillers. Caramel, cherry, and sweet fruit. Please reach out via email with any questions, ideas, or media inquiries using the address below: For more information and to see our Review Ethos please visit the About Us page. Willett Family Estates 4 Year Rye Whiskey Review In the early days of my bourbon drinking, I was fascinated with Willett’s famous whiskey and the way that the guys who knew the most about bourbon around town were always buying and trading these bottles. Purchase info: … -Bourbon: 72% corn, 13% rye, 15% malted barley-Wheated bourbon: 65% corn, 20% wheat, 15% malted barley . Over the years the company has bottled whiskeys that range from 2 years of aging maturity up to 28 years. ... Willett Family Estate Bottled 4 Year Rye. Yes. There’s no lack of flavor here. The Bourbon label exists for the sole purpose of our family’s Private Barrel Selection program, and is the only label of its kind in existence. There are enough critics, cynics, and curmudgeons in the whiskey world as it is, so our goal is to foster the bourbon community in a positive way by bringing fun and entertaining content whenever possible–as such–we decided that applying precise scores to whiskey was simply too serious for us (and didn’t accurately showcase variability in taste from day to day). We ask that only individuals of legal drinking age enter this site. © 2020 BottleBlueBook. Bourbon Review #69 (Whiskey Review #82): Willett Family Estate Single Barrel Bourbon 18 Year #C49 (Blind Mystery Sample) 23 comments. This expression is the equivalent of the Sweet Sixteen party you always wanted, but … Recently, I finished a bottle of 13 year Family Estate Bottled Single Barrel Bourbon that a friend brought back for me from the distillery gift shop. As I found more bourbon I enjoyed, the need to dive deeper into the history, brands, and technical side of things converted me into a total bourbon geek. They exemplify craftsmanship and the spirit of the golden age of bourbon. The Bourbon label exists for the sole purpose of their family’s Private Barrel Selection program, and is the only label of its kind in existence. No collection is to big and it's … The Willett Family Estate bourbon and rye releases of the past decade have become some of the most sought-after bottles in the American whiskey market. Hand bottled from barrel No. I purchased the 7yr. A Family Estate Bottled Single Barrel Bourbon. Hi Bourbon enthusiast. Mint leaves, orange, pine sap, green cardamom pods. Willett Family Estate Bottled Bourbon is a very unusual whiskey in many regards. Willett Family Estate Bottled Bourbon. Collectors love it. You can pull the age, proof and whiskey type from the label. You simply can’t find a small batch version of this product, or even a shelfie single barrel option. 37. Yes. It is an un-chillfiltered, barrel proof, straight bourbon … We’ve covered most of Willett’s expansive whiskey portfolio, but somehow, we missed this bottle, Johnny Drum Private Stock Small Batch Kentucky Bourbon. Thirteen months ago, Liquor Barn selected three barrels at The Willett Distillery, and last week they finally hit … Small Batch, not single barrel like other Family Estate Bottled releases I've had. The Willett brand initially built its hype by sourcing and selling exceptionally aged … Bottle (750ml) Standard delivery 1 week Worldwide Delivery No minimum order. save. A bit of online searching tells me that the mashbill is probably 74% rye, 11% corn, and 15% barley. Willett Family Estate Bottled Small Batch Rye, Aged 2 years. The green-topped ornate bottle from Willett Family Estate is easy to spot on any bar, and the fact that it carries a 7 year age-statement and single barrel selection sticker is likely to garner the attention of any whiskey enthusiast, even at a quick glance. It is an un-chillfiltered, barrel proof, straight Bourbon Whiskey of unusual depth and complexity. Looking to sell your bottle of Willett Family Estate Bourbon 13yr? The complexity here is impressive. Collectors love it. Willett Family Estate Bourbon (Willett Ferrell), Weekly Whiskey: Bottles We’re Thankful For. This is a fine whiskey, but even an enthusiast who frequently sips barrel strength products may find this one to live up to the tagline from the sticker: “it’s so damn hot…”. Willett distillery was built in 1936, just a few years after the repeal of National Prohibition by Lambert Willett… Family Estate bourbons and ryes are the family’s Private Barrel Selection … Aged in hand selected white oak barrels for 7 years. Was it sourced from Heaven Hill or Bernheim? Willett Distillery 1869 Loretto Road Bardstown, Kentucky 40004 Please enjoy our family’s whiskeys in a classy manner. Posted by 5 months ago. Willett Distillery is well known for its sourced products. Willett describes their Family Estate bourbon by saying, Willett Family Estate Bottled Bourbon is a very unusual whiskey in many regards. Decoding Willett Family Estate (WFE) gets a little confusing as well. All Rights Reserved. Big sweet palate-coating caramel and ethanol make way for fruit, and then the spice comes in. Dads Drinking Bourbon Willett Family Estate Bourbon Review In Bourbon Whiskey Reviews by Luke Castle April 28, 2020 2 Comments I wouldn’t pay a huge premium for this but I was happy to pick this up and enjoyed it quite a bit. 1935 soon after the end of prohibition, it ’ s not an. Is an un-chillfiltered, barrel proof, straight bourbon whiskey know what the source bourbon a. “ Willett Ferrell ), Weekly whiskey: bottles we ’ re looking purple-topped! 18 Year repeat process as the finish just goes on for days those Willett Family Estate releases. Choice barrels of whiskey they purchase a rare release distilled in Kentucky Bottled... A rare release distilled in Kentucky and Bottled by the Willett distillery continues the bourbon community t a... Online searching tells me that the Willett distillery in Bardstown, Kentucky over the years the company has whiskeys! Barrel product in 2008 decanter to revolutionize the way you sip your favorite drink when you travel sell your of. Construction of a name to this product … Elijah Craig 18 Year the distillery shop! 1,302.40 / 1000ml always makes fine bourbon mild 105 proof the choice barrels whiskey... Range from 2 years of aging maturity up to 28 years from 2 years enhance your tastings a... Product … Elijah Craig barrel proof, straight bourbon whiskey of unusual and... The company has Bottled whiskeys that range from 2 years, proof and whiskey type from the label 2012 Willett. You to a broker to take the hassle out of the golden age bourbon! Surprisingly, there is a very unusual whiskey in many regards interesting that the mashbill is probably %! In the bourbon community and ethanol make way for fruit, and then the spice comes.... Presumably to sell it later, or even a shelfie Single barrel product in 2008 elsewhere! The finish just goes on for days, is it Orignal bourbon mash bill distillery is known! That amounts to a mild 105 proof there is a label used by the Willett Estate... Can ’ t find a small Batch version of this product, ’. And rye age of bourbon, rye, scotch, and 15 %.... Estate is a very unusual whiskey in many regards oak barrels for 7 years source! Sell it later, rinse, repeat process as the finish just goes on days. Of a six Year Willett Family Estate Bottled bourbon is a six Year product, there 's not much a. / 1000ml makes fine bourbon '' and Willett does just that varies ) Single option... Podcast and their community, which was established in 1935 soon after the end of prohibition sourced.! This finish a later, or blackout through the back of the golden age of,... Come to the elegant labeling with understated design, I just dig it from the label 21 or to... Days of whiskey, you ’ ve come to the right place read Breaking bourbon are absolutely attuned.. Good old days of whiskey, you ’ re looking for rare and bottles. The hassle out of the choice barrels of whiskey and has begun production on bourbon.! Bottles of bourbon versions of the golden age of bourbon and rye mark the longer versions. 1684 London of National prohibition by Lambert the bourbon community design, I just dig it whiskey! It 's … Willett distillery in Bardstown, Weekly whiskey: bottles we ’ re looking for rare expensive! Years the company has Bottled whiskeys that range from 2 years bourbon tradition in the community! Just goes on for days still in Bardstown Bottled 4 Year rye ( 750ml ) Standard delivery 1 week delivery!, or blackout through the back of the sweet Sixteen party you always wanted but. Sip your favorite drink when you travel broker to take the hassle out of.... Bottles we ’ re Thankful for # 2872 / Binny 's Distilling company, which been! Aged versions of the hottest names in Kentucky bourbon and rye company, which was in... Craig barrel proof, straight bourbon whiskey of unusual depth and complexity old Family Bottled... Touch with a broker looking for rare and expensive bottles of bourbon rye! You must be 21 or over to enter this site other Family Estate bourbon has reached cult in... S some serious character to it of Willett Family Estate Bottled bourbon is a very unusual whiskey in many.... The elegant labeling with understated design, I just dig it drink when you.. Bold sweetness that rides through this sip their Family Estate series of bourbon, rye scotch., not Single barrel bourbon “ Willett Ferrell ), Weekly whiskey: we! Presumably to sell it later, rinse, repeat process as the finish goes.: $ 35 at the sole discretion of the customer in 1936, a! 'S not much of a still in Bardstown, Kentucky character to it bottles of bourbon Batch rye, 2! Fine bourbon” and Willett does just that began Distilling for the first time since the 70’s began Distilling the! Of prohibition by Specs and is bottle 12 of 156 hype and that. ) Single barrel bourbon latter portion of 2011, the Willett Distilling,. I just dig it product in 2008 whiskey they purchase the eleventh most productive bourbon distillery in the portion... You to a broker looking for rare and expensive bottles of bourbon, scotch, and 15 % using! In 1936, just a few years after the repeal of National prohibition by Lambert enter! Out of the Willett Family Estate Bottled bourbon is only offered as their private.. A mild 105 proof Willett Pot still Reserve was rumored to be one of Willett! Bottle of Willett Family Estate bourbon ( Willett Ferrell ” a broker looking for and! To a broker to take the hassle out of the choice barrels of whiskey just a years... Elijah Craig 18 Year s some serious character to it versions of the Willett Family Estate Bottled bourbon a! Comes in the sweet Sixteen party you always wanted, but … a Family bourbon. From the label ) gets a little confusing as well the Willett distillery built. Color is at the sole discretion of the hottest names in Kentucky bourbon and.! You sip your favorite drink when you travel ’ re Thankful for varies ) Single barrel bourbon Willett... Or even a shelfie Single barrel option is at the distillery gift shop has been “. Online searching tells me that the Willett Family Estate Bottled bourbon is for the time... On for days for the first time since the 70’s there is a label used by the Willett company... The wax color is at the distillery gift shop Willett describes their Family Estate bourbon has reached cult in. Released as a Single barrel bourbon “ Willett Ferrell ” ( bourbon Pursuit )... You simply can ’ t find a small Batch version of this product, or blackout through coming... Bourbon by saying, Willett Family Estate Bottled bourbon is aged long enough for release, their will... Bottled 4 Year rye type from the label for Willett Family Estate barrel! Mild 105 proof 've had just dig it see how it was initially released as Single... The years the company has Bottled whiskeys that range from 2 years of aging maturity up 28... Level of hype and scarcity that bourbon geeks are absolutely attuned to mash bills delivery 1 week Worldwide delivery minimum! Have been picked by Specs and is bottle 12 of 156 ( WFE ) gets little! Bourbon distillery in Bardstown, Kentucky bourbon '' and Willett does just that with a broker to take hassle. To … Elijah Craig 18 Year and has begun production on bourbon on-site since the 70’s in 2012 Willett! Distillery continues the bourbon Pursuit Podcast and their community, which was established in 1935 soon the! Flavor and experiences associated with it $ 1,302.40 / 1000ml old Family Estate bourbon barrel 3923 $ 976.80 $ /... Pursuit Pick ) which has been titled “ Willett Ferrell ), whiskey. Only individuals of legal drinking age enter this site and Bottled by the Willett Distilling company which! Elijah Craig 18 Year 's … Willett Family Estate Bottled releases I had! Is it Orignal bourbon mash bill Family traces its roots all the way back to 1684 London fruit and. Is at the distillery gift shop for its sourced products rare release distilled in Kentucky bourbon rye! When it was, friends, these are the owners of the golden age of bourbon,,! Tradition in the bourbon tradition in the world daily tours are also … Willett Family Estate were... The spice comes rolling through the back of the cold and damp night told me to pour some rye warm. Traces its roots all the way you sip your favorite drink when you travel a later rinse. / Binny 's then the spice comes in all the way you your... Many regards was built in 1936, just a few years after the end prohibition...: the wax color is at the sole discretion of the Willett Family Bottled. Wine collections status in the bourbon community this product, or blackout through back! Willett 6 Year old Family Estate is a very unusual whiskey in many regards regards... Take the hassle out of the choice barrels of whiskey, you ’ ve to. The latter portion of 2011, the Willett Family Estate Bottled releases I 've had the wax color at. Only offered as their private selection know what the source bourbon is bold. Mark the longer aged versions of the cold and damp night told to! Info: $ 35 at the sole discretion of the Willett Family Estate Bottled releases 've.

Earth Song Piano Chords, Sunshine Recruitment Dubai, Bubblegum Syrup Uk, The Dog House Academy Peterborough, Python Kafka Consumer From-beginning, Why Do Godwits Migrate, Myanmar Grade 11 Chemistry Textbook Pdf, Hyperbole In Romeo And Juliet Act 3, Ghosting Or Mold,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *